Stir-fried tofu with orange and fresh pineapple
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 250 g (9 oz) firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 5 cm (2 inch) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- oil, for cooking
- 2 large onions, cut into thin wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 250 g (9 oz) fresh pineapple, cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
1. Put the tofu, ginger, orange zest and some freshly ground black pepper in a non-metallic bowl. Stir, cover and refrigerate.
2. Heat the wok until very hot, add 1½ tablespoons of the oil and swirl it around to coat the side. Stir-fry the onion, garlic and brown sugar over medium heat for 2–3 minutes, or until the onion is soft and golden. Stir in the vinegar and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the wok.
3. Reheat the wok and add the pineapple and orange juice. Stir-fry for 3 minutes over high heat, or until the pineapple is just soft and golden. Stir in the onion mixture, remove from the wok, cover and set aside.
4. Reheat the wok until very hot and add 1½ tablespoons of the oil. Stir-fry the tofu in two batches, tossing regularly until it is lightly crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels.
5. Return the tofu and the pineapple mixture to the wok, and toss to heat through. Season well and serve.