Strawberry and cream tart
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1⅓ cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 90 g butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum
- 500 g strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot 210°C/190°C gas. Place flour, sugar and butter in food processor. Using the pulse action, press button for 30 seconds or until mixture is fine and crumbly. Add egg, process 20 seconds or until mixture just comes together. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Knead mixture gently to form a smooth dough. Form into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Brush a shallow 23 cm round fluted flan tin with melted butter or oil. Roll out the pastry between two sheets of plastic wrap, large enough to cover base and sides of tin. Ease pastry into the tin; trim edge.
3. Cut a sheet of greaseproof paper large enough to cover pastry-lined tin. Line tin with paper, spread a layer of dried beans or rice evenly over paper. Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and discard paper and beans. Return to oven for a further 7 minutes or until lightly golden. Leave to cool.
4. To make Filling: Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese, sour cream and icing sugar in a small bowl; add rum, beat until smooth. Spread cream mixture into prepared base.
5. To make Topping: Slice strawberries in half, arrange over cream mixture. Gently heat jam, brush over strawberries and cream to glaze. Refrigerate until ready to serve.