Increase your family's daily vegetable and fibre intake with these tasty stuffed mushrooms.
Have your say
- 400g button mushrooms, medium size
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 slice reduced fat/salt bacon, rind removed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 40g All-Bran Fibre Toppers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 20g parmesan or gruyere, finely grated
- To serve
- Salad and roasted cherry tomatoes
Preheat oven to 200°C. Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely chop. Place the mushroom caps on a lined baking tray.
Heat a little oil in a non-stick frypan and sauté the shallots, garlic, bacon, thyme and mushroom stalks. Place the All-Bran Fibre Toppers in a food processor and pulse to break up. Add the All-Bran Fibre Toppers to the pan with the parsley and stir to combine.
Spoon the mixture onto the mushrooms and sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the mushrooms soft. Serve with a salad and tomatoes or as a side dish with grilled meat.
*Fibre per serve = 11.5g or 38% of recommended daily intake. Note that fibre per serve is an estimate only, based on Foodworks 2007. Figures are rounded to the nearest 0.1g and may differ to what is actually consumed.