A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (370 g/12 oz) mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup (80 g/3 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1¼ cups (315 ml/10 fl oz) cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Prepare a 1.25 litre (40 fl oz) pudding basin.
2. Place the basin in a large pan, on a trivet or upturned saucer, and pour in enough cold water to come halfway up the side of the basin. Remove the basin and put the water on to boil
3. Combine the banana, egg, dried fruit and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Spoon into the prepared pudding basin.
4. Cover the basin and make a handle.
5. Gently lower the basin into the boiling water. reduce the heat to a fast simmer and cover with. a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 1½ hours, checking the water after an hour and topping up to the original level with boiling water as needed.
6. For the orange cream, combine the cream orange juice, rind and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Serve over the pudding.