Sunken chocolate dessert cakes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 115g castor sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter
- 3 eggs
- 30g (¼ cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease four 250ml ramekins with the melted butter and coat lightly with the extra sugar.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl. Sit the bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently until the chocolate and butter have melted. Take care that the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Remove from the heat.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl using electric beaters until pale and thick. Sift the flour onto the egg mixture, then whisk the flour into the mixture. Whisk in the melted chocolate.
4. Divide the batter between the prepared ramekins and place on a baking tray.
5. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until set and firm to touch. Allow to cool in the ramekins for 10 minutes before turning out onto serving plates (if they are reluctant to come out, run a knife around the inside edge of the ramekins to loosen them). Alternatively, serve them in the ramekins, dusted with icing sugar. Serve warm with ice cream.