Sweet corn with lime and chilli butter
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 4 corn cobs
- 80 g (2 3/4 oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon grass stem, white part only, bruised and cut in half
- 3 small bird's eye chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
1. Remove the husks and silky threads from the corn. Wash well, then use a heavy knife to cut each cob into 2 cm (3/4 inch) slices.
2. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the lemon grass and gently sauté over low heat for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan using a slotted spoon.
3. Add the chilli to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the lime zest, lime juice and 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) water. Add the corn, then cover and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the corn is tender, shaking the pan frequently.
4. Season to taste, then stir in the coriander. Serve hot, with plenty of napkins.