Sweet potato and yoghurt salad
This clean and colourful salad works as a starter or as part of an Indian meal. The cucumber and capsicum add texture and the yoghurt and mint dressing are cooling.
Assemble as a salad or "stack". Photo: Marco Del Grande
Have your say
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed and finely sliced into rounds
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, finely sliced into rounds
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 1 large handful coriander leaves, washed
- 1 small handful mint, washed
- 300ml natural yoghurt
- Small lemon, juiced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
Heat oven to 180C and toast black mustard seeds for five minutes, or dry-fry in frypan until fragrant. Steam sweet potato rounds until just cooked. Allow to cool and toss gently with cucumber, capsicum, mustard seeds and coriander leaves. Finely shred mint and add to yoghurt and lemon juice. Season well with salt and pepper. Place salad on four plates and drizzle with yoghurt dressing to serve as a starter or dress and serve in a bowl as an Indian-style accompaniment.