Tagliatelle al pesto
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 500 g (1 lb) tagliatelle
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed, dried
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino cheese, optional
- ½ cup (125 g/4 oz) olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Add the pasta to a large pan of rapidly boiling water and cook until just tender; drain thoroughly in a colander and return to the pan.
2. About 5 minutes before the pasta is cooked, add the pine nuts to a heavy-based pan and stir over low heat for 2–3 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool.
3. Place the pine nuts, basil leaves, garlic and salt in a food processor and process for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure that all the ingredients are incorporated into the sauce.
4. Add the grated Parmesan and Pecorino (if using) cheeses to the mixture in the food processor and process for an additional 10 seconds. With the motor running, gradually add the olive oil in a smooth stream until a paste is formed. Season with the freshly ground black pepper. Add the pesto sauce to the warm pasta in the pan and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce. Garnish with fresh herb sprigs, if desired, and serve at once.