Thai chilli pork ribs
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1.5–2 kg (3 lb 5 oz–4 lb 8 oz) American-style pork spare ribs
- steamed rice, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet chilli sauce, tomato sauce, sherry, fish sauce, garlic and ginger.
2. Cut the ribs into segments of two or three ribs per piece. Add them to the sweet chilli mixture and toss well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Transfer the ribs to a slow cooker. Pour the marinade mixture over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8–10 hours, turning the ribs occasionally during cooking and basting them with the sauce.
4. Meanwhile, near serving time, make the apple salad. Place the ingredients in a small salad bowl and gently mix together.
5. Divide the ribs among serving plates and drizzle with the sauce from the slow cooker. Serve with the apple salad, steamed rice and lime wedges, if desired.