Three cheese & chicken pizza
Time is often of the essence on party day. For a quicker version of this recipe buy a pre-prepared pizza base from your bakery or supermarket.
Have your say
- 250 g (9 oz/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 30 g (1 oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 80 ml (2 1/2 fl oz/1/3 cup) milk
- 80 ml (2 1/2 fl oz/1/3 cup) water
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz/1/3 cup) spreadable feta cheese
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz/1/3 cup) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1/2 barbecued (grilled) chicken, skin and bones discarded
- 80 g (2 3/4 oz/1/2 cup) semi-dried (sun-blushed) tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 balls bocconcini (baby mozzarella cheese)(about 60 g/2 1/4 ozeach), thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F/Gas 7). Lightly grease a 30 cm (12 inch) round pizza tray with oil.
2. To make the base, put the flour in a bowl and use your fingertips to rub in the butter until it looks like breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and pour in enough of the combined milk and water to mix to a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly to form a ball. Roll out to a 30 cm (12 inch) circle and place on the prepared tray.
3. To make the topping, combine the feta, ricotta and basil and spread over the pizza base leaving a 1 cm (1/2 inch) border. Chop the chicken into small pieces and sprinkle over the pizza with the tomato. Cover with the bocconcini slices and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the base is golden and cooked through and the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve.