A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 12 small red or green apples (very crisp)
- 880 g (1 lb 15 oz/4 cups) sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 12 iceblock (popsicle) sticks
- red or green food colouring
1. Line two baking trays with foil. Brush with oil.
2. Push a wooden iceblock (popsicle) stick into the stem end of each apple.
3. Combine the sugar, 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) water and vinegar in a heavy-based saucepan. Stir over medium heat without boiling until the sugar has dissolved.Brush the sugar crystals from the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush. Add the food colouring. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, then boil without stirring for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
4. Dip the apples, one at a time, into the syrup to coat.Lift out and twist quickly to coat evenly. Drain, then place each apple on the baking tray. Leave to set at room temperature