Tomato and ricotta penne
This pasta dish is quick to make and delicious to eat. Serve with a tossed green salad.
Have your say
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 425 g can tomatoes, chopped
- 140 g carton tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups cooked penne pasta
- 250 g fresh ricotta cheese, chopped
1. Heat oil in frying pan. Stir-fry onion and garlic until soft.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, basil, oregano, salt and sugar.
3. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add pasta to tomato mixture and mix well.
5. Fold ricotta cheese through and heat gently.
6. Serve with a tossed green salad.