Traditional coconut macaroons
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to slow 150°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Beat egg whites in small bowl until firm peaks form. Add sugar gradually, beating well after each addition and until sugar has dissolved and mixture is thick and glossy.
2. Transfer to large bowl, add coconut. Using a large metal spoon, fold gently until ingredients are just combined. Drop level tablespoons of mixture onto trays, about 3 cm apart. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
3. Cool completely on wire rack. Dip bases in melted chocolate and allow to set.