Turkish delight cupcakes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 185 g (6½ oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 345 g (12 oz/1½ cups) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 185 g (6½ oz/1½ cups) self-raising flour
- 60 g (2¼ oz/½ cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) milk
- 3 × 76 g (2⅔ oz) bars chocolate-coated Turkish delight, cut into 1 cm (½ inch) pieces
Rosewater icing (frosting)
- 250 g (9 oz/2 cups) icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 2 drops pink food colouring
- Turkish delight (not chocolate coated), to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line 36 mini muffin holes with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together with electric beaters until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift the flours and cocoa together and fold in alternately with the milk. Stir through the Turkish delight. Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
3. To make the rosewater icing, place the icing sugar in a large bowl. Add the rosewater and 1½ tablespoons of boiling water, and stir until smooth (add a little more water if necessary to make a pouring consistency). Add the food colouring (add more food colouring if desired) and stir until well combined. Spread the icing over each cake, then decorate with pieces of Turkish delight.