Upside-down macaroni loaf
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- half 430 g can Sanitarium Casserole Mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Sanitarium Torula Yeast (optional)
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¾ cup Sanitarium So Good soy drink
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon plain white flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
1. Heat oil in frying pan. Stir-fry onion until soft. Add remaining ingredients for First Layer and mix well.
2. Spoon mixture into lightly greased and lined 9 × 26 cm loaf tin.
3. For Second Layer, combine cottage cheese, So Good, eggs, flour and salt in medium bowl. Add macaroni and mix well.
4. Pour macaroni mixture over top of Casserole Mince layer.
5. Bake at 180°C for 1 hour. Stand for 20 minutes, then turn out onto warm plate.
6. Serve* warm with vegetables of choice.