Vegetable chickpea patties with pineapple salsa
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 × 300 g cans chickpeas, drained and puréed
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (100 g) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 225 g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained,
- 1 tablespoon juice reserved
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
1. To make the patties, combine the chickpea purée, carrot, celery, spring onion, cumin, coriander, parsley, egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into eight even patties. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the patties over medium heat for 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
2. Meanwhile, to make the salsa, finely chop half the pineapple, then place the pineapple, reserved juice, tomato, onion, lemon juice and mint in a bowl and mix together well. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve the patties warm with the salsa and some rocket leaves.