Vegetable omelette burger
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 4 baby beetroot, peeled and grated
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, extra,
- 1 red capsicum, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 baby bok choy leaves, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger, extra
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3–4 teaspoons soy sauce, extra
- 8 round pitta breads
- yellow capsicum, thinly sliced, for serving, optional
1. Place beetroot, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, spring onion and Tabasco in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined and set aside.
2. Heat half the peanut oil in a wok or frying pan. Add onion and extra garlic, cook over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in red capsicum strips, carrot, bok choy, extra ginger and chilli sauce. Cook for another 1–2 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a large bowl. Allow to cool slightly. Combine eggs, cornflour and extra soy sauce in a bowl. Add to cooled mixture; stir well.
3. Heat remaining oil in frying pan. Spoon one-quarter of the mixture into pan to make a thick round. Cook 1–2 minutes each side. Repeat with remaining mixture using one-quarter at a time.
4. Lightly toast pitta breads on both sides. Drain excess liquid from beetroot mixture. Place 4 pitta breads on individual serving plates. On each bread, place a vegetable omelette and some beetroot mixture. Garnish with yellow capsicum, if desired. Serve with remaining pitta bread.