Vegetable Pad Thai
Weight Watchers vego pad thai easy prep and quick cooking this will please everyone in the family and the waisitline at only 10 ProPoints on the Weight Watchers plan.
A take-away fave that can be made healthy at home
Have your say
200g dried rice stick noodles
1 tbs sunflower or canola oil
300g firm silken tofu cut into 2cm pieces
* 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
* 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
* 200g sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
* 2 cups (180g) broccoli florets
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
* ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
1 tbs brown sugar
* 100g bean sprouts
* 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander leaves
2 tbs coarsely chopped unsalted roasted cashews
* 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, thinly sliced
* Lemon wedges, to serve
Filling & Healthy Foods are marked with an asterisk. These foods help fill you up and keep you healthy.
1. Prepare noodles following packet instructions or until just tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil and heat for 30seconds. Add tofu and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to aplate. Add shallots, capsicum, sugar snap peas, broccoli and ¼ cup (60ml) water and stir-fry for 4–5 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Reheat wok over high heat. Add remaining oil and heat for 30 seconds. Addeggs and cook, breaking up as mixture sets, for 1–2 minutes or until just cooked. Return tofu and vegetables to wok with soy sauce, juice and palmsugar and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add noodles and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1minute or until heated through.
4. Sprinkle pad Thai with coriander, cashews and chilli and serve with lemon wedges.
TIP: You can add 250g shredded skinless cooked chicken breast with the noodles. The recipe will then have 12 ProPoints per serve
10 PROPOINTS VALUES PER SERVE | SERVES: 4 | PREP: 20 MINS | COOKINGTIME: 15 MINS