A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 60 g (2 oz) butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 cups (400 g/12⅔ oz) basmati rice
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) vegetable stock
- 1½ cups (235 g/7⅓ oz) peas
- kernels from 1 fresh corn cob
- ½ cup (50 g/1⅔ oz) grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
1. Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over low heat, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the capsicum and rice and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, stirring once. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
3. Stir in the peas and corn; cover. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Stir in the Parmesan and herbs. Season to taste.