Vegetable stir-fry with egg noodles and tofu
This tasty light meal, with its distinctive Asian flavours, is quick and easy to make. It's also rich in various antioxidants, folate and potassium.
Vegetarian: Stir-fried vegies and tofu with noodles.
Have your say
- 200g dried egg noodles
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 8 spring onions, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 3 × 3cm piece fresh ginger, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut on the diagonal into 1cm slices
- 1 carrot, sliced on the diagonal
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 300g Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 3 tbs sake or dry sherry
- 1 handful coriander leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 300g firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
2. Heat a wok over a high heat, add the canola oil and swirl to coat. Add the spring onions and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the capsicum, zucchini, carrot and broccoli to the wok and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes. Add 1–2 tablespoons water to help steam through, if necessary. Add the cabbage, hoisin sauce and sake and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, or until the cabbage has wilted and all ingredients are well combined.
4. Toss through the tofu, noodles and coriander until well coated in the sauce and serve immediately. Serve with coriander leaves.