Vegetable vol-au-vents with creamy pesto
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, cut in wedges
- 125 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 × 100 mm purchased vol-au-vent cases
1. Preheat oven to moderate 180°C.
2. To make Creamy Pesto: Combine basil, cream, cheese, oil and garlic in a food processor or blender. Process for 20 seconds or until mixture is smooth and creamy. Transfer to small bowl, cover with plastic wrap.
3. To make Vegetable Filling: Heat oil in a medium pan, add onion. Stir-fry over medium heat for 1 minute or until soft. Add cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, stir-fry for 1 minute or until just tender. Add chopped avocado and vinegar; remove pan from heat.
4. Place vol-au-vent cases on an oven tray and bake for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon some warm vegetable filling into each case and top with a little pesto. Serve immediately.