Vegetables in coconut milk
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 200 g green beans
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 400 g baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 230 g can bamboo shoots, drained
1. Cut onion into thin slices; cut capsicum into cubes, cut beans in half. Heat the ghee or oil in pan. Cook onion until just soft.
2. Add sambal oelek, garlic, shrimp paste and turmeric. Cook, stirring, until onion is coated.
3. Stir in the salt, ground coriander, coconut milk and baby potatoes. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
4. Add the cabbage, beans, capsicum and bamboo shoots. Simmer for 10–15 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender. Serve Vegetables with rice or with a meat or chicken curry, if desired.