A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 400 g silken tofu, drained
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 punnet fresh baby corn
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut in thin strips
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, extra
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 loaf of rye bread, sliced and toasted
- alfalfa sprouts
1. Cut tofu into eight slices; drain on paper towels. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrot into long ribbons. Cut corn in half lengthways.
2. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add onion and garlic, cook over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in carrot, celery, capsicum and corn. Stir-fry over medium-high heat 2–3 minutes. Add blended water, cornflour, chilli sauce and soy sauce. Cook 1–2 more minutes or until mixture boils and thickens and vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat, keep warm.
3. Combine extra cornflour, paprika, turmeric and coriander on sheet of greaseproof paper. Carefully coat drained tofu slices with mixture. Heat remaining oil in medium frying pan. Add tofu slices and cook over medium heat 1–2 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
4. Place 4 slices of toasted rye bread onto individual serving plates. On each slice of bread, place alfalfa sprouts (or a lettuce leaf, if preferred), some of the vegetable mixture, and 2 slices of fried tofu. Finish with another slice of toasted rye bread.