Have your say
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small apple, grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sanitarium Marmite
- 430 g can Sanitarium Nutolene, cubed
- 3/4 cup water
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Stir-fry onion until soft.
2. Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove bay leaves and cloves. Cool.
3. Process mixture in food processor or blender until smooth. Press through a fine sieve.
4. Pipe mixture onto croûtons or serve in a bowl as a dip.