This is like a very chunky vegetable soup with delicious Middle Eastern flavours.
Have your say
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 4 jerusalem artichokes, finely sliced
- 8 baby turnips (or swedes), peeled and cut into wedges
- 16 small button mushrooms
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock, hot
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley or chervil, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and spices. Cook gently until the onion is soft. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Place the vegetables, chickpeas, bay leaves and preserved lemon in a large casserole dish with a lid. Add the onion mixture and toss well. Pour over the hot stock, cover tightly and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- To serve, season to taste and garnish with parsley or chervil.
- Note: You can make this in four individual pots if you prefer. Just divide the vegetables and stock evenly and bake as above.