Vietnamese-style chicken and cabbage salad
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 cm (½ inch) thick slices
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 large handful mint, shredded
1. Line a steamer with baking paper and punch with holes. Arrange the chicken slices on top and cover with a lid. Sit the steamer over a wok or saucepan of boiling water and steam for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool, then shred into small pieces.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the chilli, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce.
3. Combine the chicken, cabbage, carrot, mint and dressing in a bowl. Toss well and serve immediately.