Walnut and watercress salad
Walnuts and watercress make a great pair. Here the nuts are used both as a dressing and for texture in the salad itself.
This perfect-for-summer salad accompanies meat dishes particularly well. Photo: William Meppem
Have your say
• ½ cup peeled walnuts
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp honey
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 2 anchovy fillets (or ½ tsp salt)
• 1 bunch watercress, picked and washed
• 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
Place half the walnuts in a small food processor with the vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard and anchovies (or salt), and process to a smooth dressing. Toss the watercress, mint leaves and remaining walnuts in the dressing.
- Serve with Adam Liaw's yoghurt roast chicken.
Food preparation by Maxwell Adey. Styling by Hannah Meppem.