Warm baby octopus and potato salad
The cooked dressing gives this salad great depth of flavour. You could replace the octopus with calamari.
Photo: Jennifer Soo
Have your say
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 8 kipfler potatoes, boiled and cut into 1cm slices
- 2 handfuls rocket, washed
- 8 baby octopus, cleaned and trimmed
- Freshly ground white pepper
Preheat a grill or barbecue. Warm olive oil in a saucepan and add garlic and paprika. Cook gently until garlic is soft and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add vinegar, reserve. Place kipflers and rocket in a large bowl. Grill octopus until golden and just cooked, add to rocket, season and toss with garlic dressing. Serve as an entree or as part of a banquet.