Warm chicken, bean and pasta salad
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 750 g (1 lb 10 oz) orange sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2 cm (¾ in) cubes
- 250 g (9 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved olive oil spray
- 2 × 200 g (7 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 350 g (12 oz/2 bunches) asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 375 g (13 oz) macaroni
- 400 g (14 oz) tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 handfuls baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 3 tbsp fat–free French dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Put the sweet potato in one end of a large non–stick roasting tin and the tomatoes in the other end, cut side down. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove the tomatoes after 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, lightly spray a chargrill pan or barbecue chargrill plate with oil and heat to high. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
3. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute, then remove with a slotted spoon and place into iced water. Drain. Return the water to the boil and cook the macaroni for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and keep warm.
4. Slice the chicken into 1 cm (½ in) thick strips and place in a large bowl with the roasted sweet potato and tomatoes, asparagus, pasta, beans and rocket and toss until combined. Add the dressing to the salad and toss until well combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.