White chocolate chip cupcakes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 125 g (4½ oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 170 g (6 oz/¾ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 250 g (9 oz/2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) buttermilk
- 200 g (7 oz/1¼ cups) white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F/Gas 3). Line 12 standard muffing holes with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined. Fold in the flour alternately with the buttermilk, then fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Divide the mixture evenly among the cases until three-quarters full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake. Leave the cakes in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.