White chocolate crackle and lime slice
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 300 g (10½ oz) white chocolate, chopped
- 175 g (6 oz) Copha (white vegetable shortening), chopped
- 120 g (4¼ oz/4 cups) puffed rice cereal
- 125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 180 g (6¼ oz) dark chocolate, chopped
1. Lightly grease a 16 × 26 cm (6¼ × 10½ inch) baking tin and line the base with baking paper, extending the paper over the long sides for easy removal later.
2. Place the white chocolate and Copha in a saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, over low heat until melted and combined.
3. Place the puffed rice, sugar and lime zest in a large bowl. Add the white chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Press into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spatula.
4. Place the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Half-fill a saucepan with water, bring to the boil and remove from the heat. Sit the bowl over the saucepan, ensuring the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stand, stirring occasionally, until melted. Cool slightly, then use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the slice. Refrigerate until set. Cut into pieces and serve.