Winter vegetable soup
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 30 g (1 oz) butter
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 turnips, chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) vegetable stock
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Melt the butter in a large heavy-based pan and add the sliced leek. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the leek is soft and golden.
2. Add the crushed garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the parsnip, celeriac, potato, carrot, turnip and stock, and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook, partially covered, for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender. Add the zucchini and continue cooking for 10 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are soft. Stir in the chopped chives and serve.