Yellow pumpkin curry
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 400ml coconut cream
- 3–4 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons grated palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy bean sauce
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 540g can bamboo shoots, drained and roughly chopped
- 440g snake beans, cut into 5 cm lengths
- 1/2 cup (15g) fresh Thai basil leaves
- Steamed rice, to serve
1. Place the coconut cream in a wok, bring to the boil and cook over high heat for 10–15 minutes, or until small bubbles of oil come to the surface- this separating process is called ‘cracking’ and gives a thicker sauce to the curry.
2. Add the curry paste and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock, bring to the boil, then add the pumpkin, palm sugar, soy bean sauce, lime leaves and juice. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots and beans. Cook for a further 10–15 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and the sauce has thickened.
4. Stir in the basil and serve with steamed rice.