A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) sweet Marsala
- 250 ml (1 cup) thick (double) cream
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure that the water does not touch the base of the bowl or the egg may overcook and stick. It is important that you whisk constantly to move the cooked mixture from the outside of the bowl to the centre.
2. When the egg mixture is tepid, add the Marsala and whisk for another 5 minutes, or until it has thickened enough to hold its shape when drizzled off the whisk into the bowl.
3. Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the egg and Marsala mixture. Divide among four glasses or bowls. Cover and refrigerate for 3–4 hours before serving.