Zucchini flowers with mushrooms, onion and chilli
- Luke Mangan
< 30 mins
- Special options:
Makes a lovely side dish to accompany meat or fish, or stands alone as a vegetarian meal.
Have your say
Photo: Jennifer Soo
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 12 zucchini flowers, cleaned
- 3 field mushrooms, thinly sliced (or 12 button mushrooms)
- 2 red chillies, seeded and sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g rocket leaves
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a saute pan and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the zucchini flowers, mushrooms and chillies and cook for about a minute. Season to taste. Just before serving, add the rocket and toss through.
- Main ingredient:
More recipes like this...
Darren Robertson and Mark LaBrooy
Recipes - Forum
What we’re cooking
Latest on EK
Obesity experts say freebies should be restricted to attracting children to healthier options.
A study has found working mums toil for an average of 98 hours a week.
It's also reducing landfill.
Switch of Netflix and go to bed.
In more than 25 years' of journalism, I've never interviewed a leader who topped his or her class at school.
The ACCC had issued an urgent recall.
Girls in primary school are just as physically capable as their male classmates, according to research.