If you are creating the ultimate dinner party menu, try this delicious recipe idea from Luke Mangan.
Have your say
- 8 zucchini (about 1kg)
- 1 bunch thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated parmesan for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Top and tail the zucchini and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle with sprigs of thyme and garlic, and drizzle with half the oil. Season to taste. Bake for about 30 minutes or until tender when tested with a skewer.
- Puree the zucchini in a blender (discard the thyme), gradually adding the remaining olive oil. Add the cream and blend again. If it's too thick, add water or stock until it reaches the desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Optional: If you prefer a smoother texture, pass the soup through a fine strainer. To give it a more intense green colour, add a handful of spinach leaves when blending.
- Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan.