gracie1978

Is it quieter since the upgrade?

gracie1978

I feel like there is less happening in here?

Of is it just me?

I know I'm not here as much.

• Like 2

SplashingRainbows

Much. 

• Like 3

Riotproof

Yes. 

marple

Yes. And I think some people have disappeared.

Lime-Polka-Dot

I think it is a bit. I know I come here in bursts of either several times a day or not really at all for a few days, but I've done this for many years now. I made my first 1000 posts in the first year and the remaining 400 odd from 2015-now. TBH I feel like there has been a steady decline in activity here in general since I first joined 7 years ago. 

• Like 4

Pearson

I was locked out for weeks with the upgrade. I could not get in from my phone, and my laptop was in use for other things, so I got out of the habit of checking in. I found new things to do, and this is the third time in months I have been here. Right before the upgrade, I had a bad experience when I asked for others experience about something, so was happy to remove myself.

I hate the new look as well, very clunky.

Ruf~Feral~es

I"m definitely not here as much, and when I do drop back in, there doesn't seem as much going on in the areas I frequent - News/current affairs and WDYT.

I still find it a bit hard to navigate and haven't really invested the time......... sorry EB.  

• Like 6

Kiwi Bicycle
Posted (edited)

I think a lot of people are digital detoxing or avoiding online media at the moment. I know myself there's some threads I won't go into here because they will just make my anxiety so much worse. And yes, there seemed to be a few users upset about the functionality of the new forum software as well.

Edited by Kiwi Bicycle
Spelling

Squeekums The Elf

I'd say some due to upgrade and some corona, be that not opening the corona topics or just needing a break from everything online and detoxing  in general. Plus some areas it's school holidays and most states can travel somewhat.

• Like 2

PocketIcikleflakes

I'm finding that there are fewer new topics. Focus is understandably on life turning upside down and there are a handful of  very busy threads with fewer threads on other topics.

I think it has been compounded by the new EB. Most people have a threshold for the amount of change they can handle and an online site is probably low down the list of things to bother acclimating to.

I've also noticed a few members not posting much but have liked etc posts.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

~LemonMyrtle~

I think its just as busy.  Less new topics, but i think thats cause we are all distracted by the pandemic.  Before the upgrade every second topic was covid-related, now there are some dedicated threads for all that, so less new topics required.  Im finding the chaos much easier to wade through now, so it feels less busy too, cause posts are easier to read or skip over. 

• Like 1

No Drama Please

Also it might be me, but after the upgrade it seems like there’s only two or three threads that are super long, but each new comment comes up like it’s a separate thread even though it’s actually just a comment?

I explained that really badly but it looks confusing! So you just think oh there’s probably just that thread happening and you move on somewhere else.

• Like 2

Tinky Winky Woo

Very quiet and expected so.  Forum updates often dissuade people from returning to them 

• Like 2

Tinkle Splashes

I'm finding the new format less intuitive than the old one.  

• Like 2

José

I've also thought it seemed quieter here.

Which in turn means I spend less time on here and comment less. 

• Like 1

RichardParker

Yes. I think it’s a bit weird at the moment too- there are a lot of people understandably stressed with the Covid situation. And that’s seeping into the discussions on here. Some people (including myself) have taken breaks from EB to get a bit of space. And then the upgrade cut us off for a bit - and I think it might have broken the habit for many of us. 

• Like 3

Luci

I have also thought it seemed quieter.  Initially I didn't really like the next format although I have managed to get my head around how it works.  However I still think it doesn't have the same "feel" as the old format. I am not completely sure why, but I think it is too spaced out with so much blank white screen around each post it seems to lack character and is a bit clinical.  The old EB had a cozy feel. 

• Like 15

Hands Up

I was thinking the same thing. I’m definitely coming on here less and I really don’t like the upgrade. Some well known posters have definitely moved on, a couple of which I really miss seeing their contributions! I spend more time on Twitter these days.

• Like 1

Amica

I have posted about 4 times since the upgrade. I HATE it. Both my PC and my phone make my log in every single time I open the page and I just can't be bothered. All I have to do on my phone, it go away and browse FB for a few minutes, then come back to EB and I have to log in again. It's making me angry. 

Are others having this issue?

• Like 3

marple

Yes . I can't stay logged on anymore since the upgrade. Sometimes I forget and am halfway down the ( endless) page and go to like something and then realise I can't as I've been logged off. Annoying.

• Like 2

IamtheMumma

I think its quieter. I know I don't post as much or visit as often. 

• Like 1

Kiwi Bicycle
25 minutes ago, Amica said:

I have posted about 4 times since the upgrade. I HATE it. Both my PC and my phone make my log in every single time I open the page and I just can't be bothered. All I have to do on my phone, it go away and browse FB for a few minutes, then come back to EB and I have to log in again. It's making me angry. 

Are others having this issue?

Login and save the bookmark, delete your old bookmark and it should be fixed. Also clear your browser history or cache to double make sure. It's trying to use old settings from the previous software.

• Like 1

Chee72

I hate the upgrade so I’m finding myself only on EB once a week and that’s probably only for a couple minutes.  Change it back to how it was. Upgrade doesn’t always mean better. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

amdirel

Yes it is definitely so much quieter!! So much so that I often think that the page hasn't refreshed, because there's no new activity, so then I refresh the page and realise, oh, it did refresh, it's just that there's no new posts!!

• Like 3

Kiwi Bicycle
5 minutes ago, Chee72 said:

I hate the upgrade so I’m finding myself only on EB once a week and that’s probably only for a couple minutes.  Change it back to how it was. Upgrade doesn’t always mean better. 

From the sounds of it, they had no choice but to upgrade. They hadn't done any upgrades to the original software, they were probably told they would lose technical support if they didn't upgrade plus maybe even have the software withdrawn if they were only licensing the software and hadn't purchased it outright. It's not going back. It's what happens in the software industry.

• Like 4