CrankyM

Help me find a new bedspread/duvet cover

CrankyM

So, we are getting a new bed in King size. Therefore we need to size up our bedding. But everything I look at seems to be floral or pastels etc. I want something that neutral patterned or solid colour and will go with a solid wood bed frame. Walls are (going to be) a pale grey that has a blue tint to it. (See photo for a different room in the same colour).  

So hit me with some ideas!

AB5B251B-2A53-4B2F-839E-5C7FB2020355.jpeg

PocketIcikleflakes

Following for inspiration 😏

Riotproof

Cotton box has a really good search for this kind of thing. 

https://www.cottonbox.com.au/catalog/bedroom/quilt-cover-sets Can search for plain and simple and then narrow by colour choices. 
Do you have a colour preference? I like the idea of blue, but you might prefer something else. 

CrankyM

Blue is ok. It just can’t be pale or white because red dirt is a nightmare. Our sheets are a taupe or pale blue colour. Currently we have a mandala cotton throw on the bed but it won’t fit a king as it barely fits the queen. I like the colours of it. 

DAD38FE3-DD21-4891-822C-CA2B25E370C3.jpeg

• Like 3

Green Sage

Check our Adair’s, they have some gorgeous solid colours, lots of non-florals too. And coverlets as well as quilt covers. Check out their sale items and clearance items too. 

• Like 2

Riotproof

That is beautiful Bb. 

• Like 1

José

Have you tried kip & co? 

CrankyM
Just now, José said:

Have you tried kip & co? 

Ah no, I live in the literaly middle of nowhere and usually just use target stuff or what I see when I'm visiting family in NSW (usually Erina). I'm not even sure what the stores were called that we visited in person.

Riotproof
CrankyM
Riotproof

The mustard one wouldn’t clash I don’t think. 

• Like 1

Hollycoddle
Posted (edited)

No ideas for the decor aspect but I just got my first flannelette cover for my feather and down doona.  I had no idea what I'd been missing despite having used flannelette sheets in winter for years. So much warmer and softer than cotton, it's like jumping into a big fluffy cloud!

I went with this one from Spotlight, ordered over the weekend and arrived Tuesday:

https://www.spotlightstores.com/bed/bed-linen/quilt-covers/linen-house-flannelette-gladys-quilt-cover-set/BP80506935

Edited by Hollycoddle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CrankyM
1 hour ago, Jenflea said:

I like all of these! Hmm how many duvet covers do you need... I really like last two.

I ended up ordering the Dijon coverlet linked above and the teal (Petrol blue) geometric one. 

• Like 2

Grrrumbles

Just a note about Target bedding just in case you see something you like locally. I used to be a big fan of their bedding but got King Size flannelette sheets at the end of last Winter and used them for the first time this year. 

They are terrible quality. A lot of the flannelette we have is from Aldi, Target, Spotlight etc and these are the worst. We have some from Target that are nearly 10 years old and still in passable condition but I won’t be going into that section anymore.

Not that you would be buying flannelette in your location ...

• Like 1

andyk
15 hours ago, Hollycoddle said:

No ideas for the decor aspect but I just got my first flannelette cover for my feather and down doona.  I had no idea what I'd been missing despite having used flannelette sheets in winter for years. So much warmer and softer than cotton, it's like jumping into a big fluffy cloud!

I went with this one from Spotlight, ordered over the weekend and arrived Tuesday:

https://www.spotlightstores.com/bed/bed-linen/quilt-covers/linen-house-flannelette-gladys-quilt-cover-set/BP80506935

Thanks Hollycoddle, just bought myself one!

Chicken Pie

we did this a couple weeks ago - it is hard but they out there lol

i got mine in dark grey/silver colour

Spotlight 

harvey norman

• Like 1

MadMarchMasterchef

Id think a dark blue with some accents or maybe a maroon would go.   That bed is quite similar to our bed! 

• Like 2