Bandwagon

Show me your corona craft

Bandwagon

I know we’ve had craft threads in the past, but what are you making in lockdown? 

Show us your masks, knitting, puzzles, anything!

This is my latest sock knit. The yarn is dyed in this pattern, I’m not that good! 

204DBE66-230B-4524-B82C-2E2AF6957766.jpeg

• Like 25

JRA
Posted (edited)

I love you for this thread.

I am X-stitching. a Full coverage piece - and large. I started in January. Still have a long way to go.

IMG_2176 copy.jpg

Edited by JRA
  • Like 44

Bandwagon

I love that @JRA.

It looks like a print or painting, amazing! 

• Like 3

JRA
36 minutes ago, Bandwagon said:

I love that @JRA.

It looks like a print or painting, amazing! 

Thanks it is amazing, the pattern is incredible, and it just looks so real. I am completely in love with it. I of course will be 90 by the time I finish it

• Like 2

FiveAus

Not sure that gardening is a craft but I'm not a natural gardener. My Covid activity is to become one, I'm spending all my weekends (weather permitting) making gardens and filling them up. This is the first one, it was a dead area under two trees, and we've fenced it off from the dogs, so I'm gradually filling it up and making it pretty.
We've also done some vegetable gardens (also fenced off) and I have a plan for engulfing the base of our old elm tree with a flower garden.

This was before I started.

IMG_7176.jpg.ee6edcfe1f6ce296d578a60a1e781057.jpg

Pulled weeds out and tidied the whole area up, and started to arrange planters.

IMG_7192.jpg.fd552dc0130509a0ed910cb91418724c.jpg

And these two are where I'm currently at. I still have more to do but it's become a source of great pride for me, and I am loving this creation. All thanks to Covid. It's MY bit of positive to come out of it.

IMG_7348.jpg.c38d1530e4897665dc11475269787333.jpgIMG_7350.jpg.469415839483a12abbe8401c7b329312.jpg

• Like 19

DQMission

Love both of those. I am currently trying to teach myself crochet in an effort to help my mental state. Anyone have any good sites to help me? The two books I bought don’t have great instructions. 

• Like 3

Gumbette

I'm still attempting to finish a cardigan for mum.  Unfortunately my hands are so rough now from the constant washing it's catching the wool and causing it to pill... 

I love that cross stitch!

• Like 2

JRA
2 minutes ago, Yippee-Ki-Yay said:

Love both of those. I am currently trying to teach myself crochet in an effort to help my mental state. Anyone have any good sites to help me? The two books I bought don’t have great instructions. 

I would look for you tube videos rather than a book. But sorry, I have not crocheted in 45 years, so  not the best to help you

• Like 4

Bandwagon

Yes, gardening is definitely counted. @FiveAus your garden looks great.

I was tempted to pull up a few weeds today when I went to the mailbox, but I’m sick of washing my hands and the front garden is cold and shady.

Green Sage
Posted (edited)

YippeeKiYay

You tube and Facebook groups.

i am crocheting a doily from an old 1970s book, and a big blanket using planned pooling. Both are taking me forever and my new Pokémon addiction has left little time for crochet. 

Edited by ~LemonMyrtle~
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

JRA

I love seeing all the people gardening. I would love to love gardening, my mum was a mad gardener, but as much as I would love to love it, I can't

• Like 2

Bandwagon

I was going to say YouTube too, @Yippee-Ki-Yay.

What do you want to make? 

FiveAus
Just now, Bandwagon said:

Yes, gardening is definitely counted. @FiveAus your garden looks great.

I was tempted to pull up a few weeds today when I went to the mailbox, but I’m sick of washing my hands and the front garden is cold and shady.

That area is also shady and cold but I've found that if I get cracking on digging, weeding etc, I warm up pretty quick.

We are now turning an old raised concrete fishpond into a wicking bed to plant vegetables in. It's meant a bit of research as to how to actually do it, planning it together, then getting the work done. We were rained out last weeked but this weekend the forecast is good so I'm keen to get it finished.

• Like 3

FiveAus
1 minute ago, JRA said:

I love seeing all the people gardening. I would love to love gardening, my mum was a mad gardener, but as much as I would love to love it, I can't

Six months ago I would have declared I hated gardening. But we had to fence off that part of the yard to stop the dogs getting to the dividing fence and barking at the dog next door. My husband suggested we clean it up and plant a few plants, and it just grew from there. Now I definitely don't hate it, in fact I've surprised myself by how much I enjoy it.

• Like 5

Bandwagon
2 minutes ago, FiveAus said:

That area is also shady and cold but I've found that if I get cracking on digging, weeding etc, I warm up pretty quick.

We are now turning an old raised concrete fishpond into a wicking bed to plant vegetables in. It's meant a bit of research as to how to actually do it, planning it together, then getting the work done. We were rained out last weeked but this weekend the forecast is good so I'm keen to get it finished.

Let’s face it, I don’t weed the sunny back garden either 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Evra

I’ve been buying yarn faster than I can knit it!

8539811A-8C6C-46CF-86C1-11827FD62A4F.jpeg

2F4A1734-5EFA-4EC0-A36F-E423F69ACDA5.jpeg

• Like 23

Living Type

Love this too. I taught myself to crochet using YouTube videos. I found watching a few different people actually helped me. I’ve made a blanket so far and also did some long stitch and cross stitch 

• Like 2

eponee
1 hour ago, Yippee-Ki-Yay said:

Apparently Bella Coco on youtube is very good

• Like 4

BornToLove
Just now, eponee said:

Apparently Bella Coco on youtube is very good

I was going to recommend Bella coco as well. I think she uses UK terms. Moogly is good if you prefer US terms. Once you get comfortable with crochet, do try to become ‘bilingual’ as it opens up more patterns and options. 

here are one of my crochet projects (Persian Tiles)

9C0D6427-DC97-4D4F-8FE8-FE85D3888E28.jpeg

• Like 29

eponee
1 minute ago, BornToLove said:

I was going to recommend Bella coco as well. I think she uses UK terms. Moogly is good if you prefer US terms. Once you get comfortable with crochet, do try to become ‘bilingual’ as it opens up more patterns and options. 

Ih how beautiful!  You're very clever :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PuddingPlease
33 minutes ago, Evra said:

I’ve been buying yarn faster than I can knit it!

8539811A-8C6C-46CF-86C1-11827FD62A4F.jpeg

2F4A1734-5EFA-4EC0-A36F-E423F69ACDA5.jpeg

Love Monster! They are fantastic :D

• Like 5

Fluffy Potatoes

We’ve had a run on babies in our circle so I’ve made a couple of the Call the Midwife blankets. 

@Yippee-Ki-Yay I refreshed the skills my Nanna taught me via YouTube as well. I’d start small and make a few washcloths in the different basic stitches, it will help you to figure out your tension. Lord knows I’ve made many a granny rhombus instead of granny square in my time. 

848C8B78-005A-4AF8-884D-67D572DA6ABB.jpeg

• Like 15

DQMission
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BornToLove said:

That is beautiful. Truly. 

FP that looks great. Yep, I’m working on my tension, my hands and fingers are quite stiff so it’s taking some getting used to. 

Edited by Yippee-Ki-Yay
  • Like 5

Bandwagon

@BornToLove that is beautiful! 

i bought a heap of black cotton to make a crochet blanket. I’ve had the itch to start it lately, but I’m also addicted to knitting socks. Not enough hands. 

• Like 1

DirtyStreetPie

Holy crap, you guys are talented! This thread is awesome.

I made this baggy jumper for iso. It's oversized, which is deliberate because I can comfortably wear another layer under it (I have a thing about layers - they're so uncomfortable I squirm and wriggle until I can take them off). It's a colour that I've never worn. I swear, the rest of my wardrobe is very dark! But my sister regularly wears light colours and looks great, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I'll stick with dark next time, I think. :D

An experienced person will see that the overlocking is sloppy - I'm normally very slow and fastidious - but it's cold NOW and I need another jumper NOW hehe.

image.png.19962196be7fe7f4ea0d8b1cff08d325.png

Please, people, keep the craft pics coming! There are some amazing photos upthread - I'm blown away by their beauty! - but if you're a beginner, don't be intimidated - let's see your stuff! All craft is good craft.

• Like 15