Wonderstruck

Metal pegs?

Wonderstruck

Who uses metal pegs? How do you find them? 

mandelbrot

There are ads on my instagram for infinity pegs all. the. time. That and protein powder, quick things you can make with weetbix and backpacks with far too much stuff in them. I have no idea if they're any good, but they're certainly sure they can get me to buy them.

José

I have stainless steel pegs..they are the best! 

Pearson

I gifted family some stainless steel pegs from the well store at the beginning of the year. They leave pegs on the line 24/7 and live in the country. We bought marine grade, and they've said they were great.

nasty buddha

I was given some for free once. They work well though they do leave harsh creases on the clothes. 

José
2 minutes ago, nasty buddha said:

I was given some for free once. They work well though they do leave harsh creases on the clothes. 

I dont find that. 

nasty buddha

Might be the brand then.  

SeaPrincess

My sister gave me some of these rainbow pegs. I love them. They don't mark the laundry at all. I bought more so that I can have some permanently on the line in the pool yard and the rest in the laundry.

wilding

I have stainless steel pegs that I have had since late last year and leave them on the line all year around and they are still going strong. I want to buy some more, but my character pegs from daiso that I purchased at the start of last year are still hanging on. No marks nothing. 

EsmeLennox

Love them. I don’t have issues with creases at all. Expensive, but worth it.

Winter frost
Posted (edited)

I have them.

I love the the idea of them as they have already lasted longer than our last plastic set. They seem very well made. I want to stop plastic rubbish and landfill so I bought them and I will use them until they die. I don’t love them but now I have them......

a couple of negatives.  Don’t  drop them and run over them with the mower. This defeats the purpose of a lifetime item 🙄

Also mine are really tight and I have weak fingers (don’t laugh) you do need strong fingers to open them. In my covid laziness the other day I noticed I was avoiding the metal pegs in the peg basket and on,y selecting the remnants of the plastic pegs.

they are about 20 x more expensive than normal pegs

Edited by Winter frost
To add the line about not loving them

(feral)epg

I bought my first set maybe 2 years ago, like them so much I bought another set so that I can do a full washing lines worth.

They are still shiny and strong - they live outdoors and get rained on and harsh sun.  Plastic pegs normally had to be replaced annually at least.  

They don't leave worse creases than the plastic ones - I just peg under armpits or on seams so it's not noticable

They are really strong - good for heavier or thicker items.

sne

How are they for holding sheets in place? Lots of plastic ones let the sheets bunch up on the line and not dry as quickly.

Ozquoll

Stainless steel pegs sound great to me! I don't actually have a washing line any more though - we moved, and our new washing line only gets sunlight during the absolute height of summer so now we use large clothes airers ( that are too big to use pegs on) and move them round the yard to chase the sun.

I find with plastic pegs that if you take them off the line between uses and store them out of the sun they last a very long time. I had the same lot of plastic pegs for nine years and only had to throw out a couple of them in that time.

SeaPrincess
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, sne said:

How are they for holding sheets in place? Lots of plastic ones let the sheets bunch up on the line and not dry as quickly.

I find mine don’t grip as well on thinner fabrics. I fold the sheet in half over the line, peg the hems at either side and one in the middle for flat sheets. Fitted sheets are such a nightmare anyway, but the way I peg them, they don’t move.

ETA: I had serious doubts about their claims that they don’t get hot, but they really don’t on the line. (The ones in the bucket do though if they’re left outside!)

Edited by SeaPrincess

wilding
45 minutes ago, sne said:

I've never had any trouble with mine. I only use 2 pegs and find they stick really well once there.

YodaTheWrinkledOne
14 hours ago, Ozquoll said:

I find with plastic pegs that if you take them off the line between uses and store them out of the sun they last a very long time. I had the same lot of plastic pegs for nine years and only had to throw out a couple of them in that time.

Same here. I have a bucket of plastic pegs and they are many many years old. I probably throw out 2-3 per year maybe?

Lesley225

I want some of those rainbow pegs, (so pretty) but  i've got enough metal ones so can't justify it.

got my tinsel on
15 hours ago, Ozquoll said:

I've had my plastic pegs for 13 years now and only just starting to throw out one occasionally.  I don't leave them outside on the line though.  I love the pegs I use - double ended ones - doesn't matter which way you pick them up they are the right way around.  I see them at Coles all the time.

10549-PR14685 Twin Pegs..jpg

Shellby
9 hours ago, got my tinsel on said:

I've had my plastic pegs for 13 years now and only just starting to throw out one occasionally.  I don't leave them outside on the line though.  I love the pegs I use - double ended ones - doesn't matter which way you pick them up they are the right way around.  I see them at Coles all the time.

10549-PR14685 Twin Pegs..jpg

These are the ones I use to. Love them and they are made from recycled plastic. Mine live outside in a basket when not in use and in over 2 years I haven’t had one die yet. 

• Like 1

got my tinsel on
1 hour ago, Shellby said:

These are the ones I use to. Love them and they are made from recycled plastic. Mine live outside in a basket when not in use and in over 2 years I haven’t had one die yet. 

I'm finding a few odd ones are starting to get 'rough' to touch and then become brittle so through them out as I come across them but it's only one or two, once in a while.   I have a couple of unopened packets I bought ages ago when they were harder to find, not knowing how long they last - but have put them with some other 'handy things when you move out of home that never occurred to you to buy' for DD.  That's if she ever leaves home, that is.  lol

Gruffalo's Child

I'm slowly replacing my plastic pegs with stainless steel ones.   I've been ordering my laundry liquid online through The Dirt Company and have bought some of their pegs too - I'm really happy with both. 

MadMarchMasterchef
On 09/08/2020 at 1:22 PM, José said:

I dont find that. 

what brand do you use please? 

SeaPrincess
On 13/08/2020 at 6:41 AM, MadMarchMasterchef said:

what brand do you use please? 

Mine are Bare and Co from the Well Store online